LAWYER - SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Monard Law HasseltGouverneur Roppesingel 131
Tel. +32 (0)11/28 15 00
Fax. +32 (0)11/28 15 05
Who is Jenna Auwerx?
Jenna Auwerx specializes in commercial law, with a particular focus on competition law and privacy law.
Jenna advises companies on all aspects of EU and national competition law, including all types of vertical and horizontal cooperation, abuse of dominant position, and state aid measures. Jenna regularly represents companies in these types of matters before the European Commission, the Belgian Competition Authority, and national and EU courts. Jenna also assist companies in dawn raids conducted by competition authorities.
In addition, Jenna focusses on advising and assisting clients in data protection matters. Since 2017, she is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/E) and is qualified to act as an external DPO.
Jenna has extensive experience in the sectors of fast-moving consumer goods and gambling.
Jenna holds a Master of Laws from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2008) and an LL.M. in European Law from King’s College London (2010). Jenna studied at the Università de Bologna also.
Jenna is a member of the Hasselt and Brussels Bars. She is often a guest speaker and author of various publications on her areas of expertise.
- Philippe Vlaemminck and Jenna Auwerx, “Excessive or not, it’s the law: Corporate new year’s wishes at risk under GDPR European privacy rules” in Public Gaming Magazine, February 2019
- Jenna Auwerx and Lidia Dutkiewicz, “GDPR and Gambling: How to Play the Game” in Data Protection Leader, January 2018 Jenna Auwerx, “The consistency and compatibility of transactional resolutions of antitrust proceedings (such as settlement processes, leniencies, transactions, commitments, and amicable agreements) with the due process and fundamental rights of the parties”, in LIDC National Reports, Springer, 2016
- Jenna Auwerx, Bewaring en archivering van ondernemingsdocumenten”, INNI Publishers, 2015
- Board member of the VSMR (Belgian Branch of the Ligue International du Droit de la Concurrence)
- Member of IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- Member of AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers)
Dutch, French, English, Italian